Can't Ride, Just Ride Anyway! But, you'll have to plan ahead.
How do you juggle family, work, life and cycling. Uh...by juggling of course, silly. If you have a hard time putting together a training week, here a few ideas that might help:
- Set a weekly hour goal or mileage goal.
- Set up a steady time that you are free. You might have to play "Let's Make a Deal" with your significant.
- Pick a few group rides that your are 'zealous' about making. Local Bike Shop rides, weekend club rides, and the local parks like the Alkek Velodrome and off road trails like the Ant Hills are great in town destination rides. That extra 'pull' of having a group and place to ride will keep you in the game. For me, it's the velodrome on Tuesdays/Thursdays and Zube park on Saturdays are always on my weekly 'go to' ride list.
- Take on a COACH!!! I'm not plugging myself, but a cycling coach can help maximize your time on the bike with specific efforts to get you to your goals. Any coach will get you closer to your goals.
- Make your riding fun and don't beat yourself up if you are an hour short or 20 miles behind in your weekly mileage. You'll make it up. Just make each ride count.
Email me with some of the ideas that you have so that I can share them. Enjoy your Bike Life...